TYT MD-380 Setup Sending Text Messages - Message Failed

TYT MD-380 Setup Sending Text Messages - Message Failed

So I am using a TYT MD-380 on the experimental firmware now. I did not have the new firmware when I tried this same thing before. No matter what firmware I am on, every message I said comes back as failed. I tried doing the weather message to 262993 and also sending a direct message to my friend. He received the message but on my end it shows failed and his response never came through. I need help to figure out if I am missing something in the programming of the radio or my pi-star hotspot. Thanks!

Okay so I finally figured it out with the help of someone on Telegram. In the CPS on the channel info check Private Call Confirmed and uncheck Data Call Confirmed. In Brandmeister change to Chinese Radio under brand in SelfCare.


In the TYT MD-380 CPS 
on the channel info: 
check - Private Call Confirmed
uncheck - Data Call Confirmed

In Brandmeister change to Chinese Radio under brand in SelfCare. 
https://brandmeister.network/?page=selfcare

thanks,
VE3WZW.net Andre


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

North America Amateur Frequencies.
- 2022 updated new groups :)
.